Re: ACL caching (Was: Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd proto-slap.h controls.c operation.c)

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I think the groups should not even have been cached in the first place; lookups for auth purposes usually set op->o_nocaching.
Just to clear out: what's the difference between o_nocaching and o_do_not_cache? The latter seems more appropriate in this case, since in slap.h there's a comment that explicitly refers to group ACL caching.

Ah, I meant o_do_not_cache. As I recall, o_nocaching is a remnant from the 2.2 syncrepl implementation - a hint to the backends that entries touched for a particular request aren't important and should not stay in the entry cache. A grep of the source tree shows that it is pretty much unused now.