RE: Can I reuse the back-ldap in my own overlay?

>Chen, Shi Jun SLC CT PEK wrote:
>> I want to write a overlay "DirectForwarding" that does not do the
LDAP

Howard Chu wrote:
>This sounds to me like just using back-ldap all by itself. Why do you
Think this needs to be an overlay?

Yes, I can configure slapd.conf to use back-ldap as the backend
database.
But how can I make back-ldap to select the server dynamically according
to the concrete content of LDAP request?

For example, the entries are in the same sub-tree, but are devided in
three remote DSAs (A, B & C). When the local DSA receives the request on
entry resided in B, how to use back-ldap to route the request to DSA B?
Obviously, specifying DSA A, B & C in a	single ldapurl argument will not
work, for back-ldap just uses the first server of the list.

And can I configure multiple back-ldap to achieve it? But there is a
problem that these entries in A, B & C are in the same sub-tree and will
have the same suffix.

And another question: can we have other methods to specify the URIs
instead of configuring them statically in slapd.conf?