Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-bdb add.c

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 15:31 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Test045 is broken now because it only gives the updatedn write
> privileges to "dn.subtree=<suffix>"; it now also needs children access
> to the suffix's parent. Is the code wrong (which used to explicitly
> allow access to the updatedn in this case) or the test's ACL?

There shouldn't be any suffix's parent involved in access checking.  The
suffix doesn't have any parent by definition, right?  I guess checking
children access in this case is incorrect.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team