Re: LDAP load testing (Was: Re: slapd lightweight dispatcher)

Raphaël Ouazana-Sustowski wrote:
On Lun 15 mai 2006 12:34, Howard Chu wrote:
(OK, it won't scale perfectly linearly because slapd only has one
dispatcher thread, and at some point we will probably saturate the
network interfaces on the server, or the gigabit switch. Also, we're
struggling to get any more requests out of the clients. I really wish
the SLAMD clients were written in C with libldap, this Java stuff is way
too slow. It shouldn't take 26 clients to generate this workload; it
should take at most 16 clients to keep the 16 server threads busy. Who
ever thought that writing performance-critical code in Java was a good
idea?)

You can try the tool I wrote in C to load LDAP servers : http://loadtesting.sourceforge.net/index.php?lang=en

Raphael Ouazana.

Thanks for the pointer. Actually as Ando pointed out, the programs in our test suite are pretty usable for this purpose now. The reason I'm focusing on SLAMD here is because that is the toolset that was used on the other published results. We want to compare apples to apples...