LDIF version tag

OL 2.3.21, BDB 4.4.20, FC5.

When JLDAP exports LDIF, it starts the file with:

# This LDIF file was generated by the LDIF APIs. of Novell's Java LDAP SDK
version: 1

...and then lists the entries as usual. In earlier versions of OpenLDAP I could slapadd these in directly. Now, I get something like:

% slapadd -l entries.ldif
str2entry: entry -1 has no dn
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=3)

Remove the ^version: line and it works without issue. RFC 2849 says this line is kosher. Should this be an OpenLDAP ITS, a JLDAP change, or both. Personally, I'd be happy to remove the JLDAP comment line too and not just because it's grammatically wrong ;)

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com