Re: Advertising configcontext in Root-DSE

On Friday 17 February 2006 18:48, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
> > Btw, while we are at it. For easy bootstrapping of back-config we
> > could add an implicit sasl-regexp that maps
> > "gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" to
> > "cn=config". This would allow root to configure slapd through
> > ldapi. I just played around a little with this and it seems to work
> > with some additional tweaks in bconfig.c.
>
> See Howards response to my suggestion in this direction:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200507/msg00108.html

Hm, the idea was to create that mapping only when there is no existing
configuration (no slapd.conf and nothing in slapd.d). That means just
for bootstrapping a new server. With this there would be no need to
have an initial slapd.conf any more. It of course only make sense to
add the mapping when slapd is really listening on ldapi.

regards,
	Ralf