printing binary UUIDs

Is there a function out there for turning a binary UUID into, say, the
form output by ldapsearch(1)? I'm still seeing missed entires (fairly
regularly) with syncrepl. -d -1 showed that the client requests are
identical (except for CSNs) on a run that worked and a run that didn't, so
I'm suspecting the provider. Of course, this never happens under debugger.
I'm thinking of just throwing a few Debug() statements in the slog
functions and running (maybe even production) with that. But I'd like to
be able to easily correlate the uuids in the log with slapcat'd output.