Re: Filter string representation

Howard Chu wrote:
Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

The string form was originally only constructed for
logging purposes. I would be fine with changes where we
only constructed the string form when logging.

Yes, makes sense. Especially given ITS#3707, where the filterstr is actually not directly usable. (back-shell uses it directly as well, and would also have problems).

I've used str2filter() on the filterstr as a way to duplicate an existing filter; was too lazy to write an actual filter_dup function but clearly we should have a filter_dup() function instead.

So ITS#4364 forced the issue, I've added a filter_dup() function to HEAD. I think this should go into 2.3.19 as well.