Re: 2.3.18 not stable on Solaris

--On Friday, January 20, 2006 2:16 PM -0500 Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> wrote:

How reliably are you reproducing this with, say, test008? (I'm not sure
what your definition of "under load" in this case.) I haven't seen this
one quite yet, but obviously I take Solaris issues kind of seriously...

I had it hit two of my production servers last night within hours of upgrading to 2.3.18, which of course was disconcerting.

I set up 2.3.18 on a test server, and ran slamd against it, where I was able to recreate it multiple times a minute (sometimes more than once a second). Prior to 2.3.18, I had *never* hit it running a slamd job. I had a patch from Howard in place to prevent slapd from shutting down when it occurred (its close to the fix in HEAD) so that I could log how often it happened.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer