Re: portable.h contents in back-monitor (Was: [Fwd: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-monitor...)

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 10:13 AM 1/12/2006, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
For flags passed via environment, build tools and so on, we could print
the value of relevant vars, like CC, CPP, FLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS and
so.

We could stringify config.status into a variable...

Yeah, that would probably cover everything. I think it would be a bit too much. If we just extract the WITH_* and BUILD_* variables that gives us the important --with- and --enable- switches.

Getting the other tools and flags starts to go down a rathole; fully qualified paths to various tools and such still aren't going to tell you much if you're not looking at the same machine on which the build was done, and extracting from config.status of course can't capture any overrides on the make invocation.