Re: RE_23 hangs in test039 (back-hdb)

>> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>
>> I'm experimenting with a fix now. The problem may be that the same conn
>> can be fetched by ldap_back_getconn() multiple times while a bind is in
>> progress (since in the initial state, both the incoming session and the
>> conn handle are anonymous).
>
> Howard, many thanks for spotting this issue, it was really becoming a
> nightmare.  I've ported your fix to back-meta and added some bind testing
> to concurrency testers (test007, test035 and test039).  They seem to run
> fine, but I seldom see any hang, so I really need to repeat the tests a
> lot of times.  If anyone who is often seeing hangs could step in and
> stress HEAD a bit... (tests035 and test039).  If it works, we can likely
> close ITS#4246, 4247 and 3832.

Apart from fixing few small issues in the tester programs, I've repeatedly
run test036 & test039 on a few different architectures, including dual
CPUs, without any of the relevant issues (neither hangs nor loops).  I
wouldn't consider my tests exaustive though, just my own 2c.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team