Re: RE_23 hangs in test039 (back-hdb)

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 18:52 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

> Also I'll note that this whole situation occurs due to back-ldap reusing
> an existing connection. When I wrote the connection-sharing code in
> back-ldap, I specifically wrote it to only reuse a connection if the
> userID was the same, so it should never actually be sending multiple
> Bind requests on the same connection. A lot of that has changed with
> idassert support etc.,

Connections should still be reused only when the userID is the same, so
no bind should occur; if it doesn't it's a bug, not a stretching of a
feature.  What could happen is that since in some cases it occurred to
have long, unreasonable response times during binds, I placed a timeout
on bind and, after few cycles the operation is abandoned and a new bind
is tried on the same connection.  This could be the bug,

> so I suspect that there's really a bug in
> back-ldap that needs to be fixed. But we should still consider when is
> the correct time for an incoming Bind to trigger the abandons.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team