Re: rs_modlist for modRDN

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
We've an application where it would be useful to atomically attach
some modifications (replication metadata) to a modify RDN request.

I was thinking of adding a Modification list to oq_modrdn. This
would also allow the frontend to handle setting the RDN value in
the entry.

I have no objection, as those structures are only intended to provide a
clear interface between frontend and backends (and now overlays) for
internal purposes and do not need to strictly stick with the
specifications for a given op. Make sure the interface is clean enough
(e.g. who's in charge to free the modlist if it's not null).

Agreed, sounds good.