Re: file name and stable tag to 2.3.13 (was: Openldap 2.3.11 cannot autorecover from abnormal shutdown.)

--On Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:23 AM +0100 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:20 AM +0800 Yingbo Qiu <qiuyingbo@gmail.com> wrote:

If the slapd was killed by SIGKILL(9), bdb database will be
autorecovered at startup, I can read recovery message from 'slapd -d
5'

You may with to upgrade to 2.3.13, where there were fixes to autorecovery since 2.3.11.

IMHO http://www.openldap.org/software/download/ is confusing.

I think the stable tag should be moved away from 2.3.11 to 2.3.13 since
2.3.13 seems to be much more stable and people should be discouraged to
use 2.3.11.

I'd also vote for just keeping the release number in the tar.gz file
name of source distribution marked stable. Placing a release date into
the file name (like openldap-stable-20051018.tgz) is not a good
reference to the content of file CHANGES.

Well, 2.3.11 definitely wasn't stable, but 2.3.13 isn't really that stable either... I had to patch it a bit to get it to where it is stable on my production servers.. So maybe 2.3.14.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer