Re: Question about the config branch

sparklezou@hotmail.com wrote:
Dear all,

I read the source code of config branch. I'm puzzled that why the schema for config branch are defined in the source code, not in a .schema file? It a little dificult to extend the config schema. ^_^

Most elements of the config schema map directly to data structures in the slapd code. It would be pointless to alter the config schema without making corresponding code changes. It would be inappropriate to store the config schema in a regular file; that would imply that it can be changed freely which is incorrect.

So, since you are asking about extending the config schema, that must mean you have written code to provide a new feature. It would be helpful for the purpose of this discussion if you describe what your new feature is, so we can focus on the proper hooks for integrating it.