Re: [Fwd: Re: (ITS#4108) LWL causing core dumps in HEAD]

--On Sunday, October 30, 2005 1:46 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

I note that the code in HEAD now is noticably slower than RE23 or RE22,
and far less consistent.

Using the slapd-bind program against RE22 or RE23 I can consistently get
10000 binds across a 100Mbit ethernet in 7-8 seconds. On localhost it
only takes 2.6 seconds.

Using HEAD, localhost takes 3-5 seconds. Across 100Mbit ethernet the time
varies from as low as 10 seconds to as much as 45 seconds. (And there are
only 3 machines on this network, no other activity.)

Some of the slowdowin is probably due to the double pool_submit that
occurs for read events...

Some initial benchmarking I did last night of HEAD with LWL in place found it to be nearly 2,000 searches/second slower than 2.3, which is a fairly substantial hit. Head ran at 6,153.8 searches/second, 2.3 at 7,975.396 searches/second. Another way to think of it is that HEAD with LWL is 23% slower than 2.3.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer