Re: ITS#3975: Lightweight Listener

--On Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:53 PM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

Sang Seok Lim (IBM) contributed a patch which modifies
slapd(8) listener to have a lightweight listener.
The patch includes a number of changes to intended
to improve the behavior of the listener.  I am currently
reviewing the patch.  At present, I find it generally
suitable for HEAD and hence intend to commit it (behind
LDAP_DEVEL) in the next few days.

I'll give this patch a run through my slamd testing systems on linux and solaris (I assume this is ITS#3975). The previous implementations (ITS#3835) had a 5% performance decrease on systems that were purely busy. I won't be able to get to that until after 10/17 however, as I'm in the process of moving.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer