Re: (ITS#3979) glue mixtures can confuse slapadd

> For now, I've dropped any mention of async from the subordinate
> description in slapd.conf(5).

In any case, I see little use in providing asynchronous hooks for most of
the backends, so I'd defer this issue for a while.  To reduce the amount
of (re-)coding, gluing should use the asynchronous calls only if they're
available and if it's configured to do so.  I think only search
asynchronous calls would be of interest, since all the other operations
typically imply that only the requestDN is affected and, apart from very
special cases, glue should be able to univoquely locate the database that
contains the requestDN.

So the essence of the work would be to port to the glue interface the
candidate selection and response reception of back-meta, and add the
asyncronous search hooks (send + {intermediate,final}response) to
back-ldap.  Of course any other backend is welcome to adhere to this
interface; one candidate could be back-sql.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it