Re: (ITS#3979) glue mixtures can confuse slapadd

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Howard Chu writes:
Yes. Although "async" is still unimplemented, and I'm wondering if it
is useful in its present definition. Given the need to enforce
sizelimits, I don't think it's desirable to immediately fan out a
search across all the subordinates. The search must be
deterministically sequenced (top-down, breadth-first, whatever) so
that two identical search requests with the same sizelimit return the
identical result set, otherwise I think we'd break the data model.

I don't think so, though I haven't dug deeply. All I know is that "The
SearchResultEntry and SearchResultReference PDUs may come in any order".
(RFC 2251 section 4.5.2.)

Certainly there is no prescribed order, but we assume that a given implementation always uses the same order. Otherwise most of our test comparisons in the test suite are broken, and features like PagedResults cannot be implemented.