Re: Please test OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

False alarm; the SIGSEGV should now be fixed in HEAD (servers/slapd/init.c 1.88 -> 1.89); please merge into re23.
However, the test fails because in re23 #undef SLAP_ACL_HONOR_DISCLOSE; this flag causes "disclose" access to the search base to be tested (and required), and represents a change in ACL checking behavior. Either we decide to make this change with 2.3.7, or test041 should be disabled (or reworked to follow the old convention; I note, however, that by design ACIs don't quite meet the requirements for disclose checking as currently performed by access_allowed_mask(); see ITS#3963). In any case, better disable the test; I need it in HEAD for regressions on the work I'm making on ACIs, but since it's a low priority activity I don't think I can have all of the issues fixed in time, and I don't like the idea of carrying on two versions of the test.

This test erroneously returns $RC in case of failure, without checking if $RC is zero. As such, it fails but doesn't interrupt the test execution. I've fixed it in HEAD, but I still suggest it gets disabled in re23 until the above issues are addressed.

For the rest, with everything enabled re23 passes all tests on my laptop (the only test I don't routinely run is test031). I'll likely have a chance to give it a spin on a Solaris 5.8 but I'm not 100% sure.

p.