Re: test039-glue-ldap-concurrency time...

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Monday, August 29, 2005 4:51 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

I've noticed on several occasions that test039-glue-ldap-concurrency
takes an extremely long time to run.  Currently, on my dev box it is at
50 minutes.  Is this normal on all platforms, or is it just something
funky about Solaris?

It gets to a certain point, and then just seems to hang for ages before
continuing:

I finally killed this test after two hours... Subsequent runs have only taken about 10 minutes. It makes me think there may be an issue in what is being tested here, that is only triggered some of the time. I'm attempting to see if I can recreate this state.

I think it is related to ITS#3832; I occasionally observed the behavior you mention with back-meta in test036, but I had isolated reports about test039 with back-ldap as well. Something that has to do with initiating operations, where the proxy backend waits for a response abter a bind, but the proxied server doesn't even know it has to send any. That's why all operations are now asynchronous, and get retried for some time before bailing out. I need to check if the behavior is consistent within back-ldap and back-meta; back-meta provides the "nretries" switch, I'm not sure about back-ldap. I'm also planning to add other parameters for further tuning, so that I can easily experiment a bit trying to reproduce that event in a manner that can be tracked.

p.