Re: rename across trees: manageDIT?

At 08:53 AM 8/27/2005, Michael Ströder wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>> I see
>> no problem with proxy backends making things work using manageDIT,
>> manageDSAit, proxyAuthz, and other controls.
>
>What's the difference of manageDIT and manageDSAit controls?

ManageDSAit basically says "treat DSA-specific entries (DSEs)
as if they were DIT (directory) objects".

ManageDIT basically says "temporarily override DIT constraints"
(while still preserving DIT consistency).

>I guess with manageDsaIT you refer to control 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2
>described in RFC3296. Where can I read about manageDIT?

There is not yet an RFC here yet, nor even an I-D.  Just a
few emails (on this list).

Kurt