Re: OPENLDAP_AC

Aaron Richton wrote:
Some sort of method to make adding local overlays easier would be nice. We
compile overlays static, so adding local_overlay.c means hacking
portable.h to define SLAPD_OVER_LOCAL (admittedly unnecessary for
something that I know will always be static, but we try to be consistent
with the others) and overlays.c to include the _init function. I'm not
sure if there'd be some acceptable way of grokking multiple "slapo-"
directories/assuming anything in "overlays" needs these entries/etc., but
it would be nice if autoconf was brilliant enough that one could cp
local_overlay.[ch] slapd/overlays, re-run configure, and have these things
figured out. (If the price of this is including some @@UGLY_AUTOCONF@@ or
something in my overlay, that's OK.)
Well, the configure script generates the static backend initializers now; it could just as easily do that for static overlays too. I guess this is something we can add after OPENLDAP_AC merges back into the trunk. Picking up the list of configurable overlays by examining the source tree would be interesting...