Re: Undefined attribute types and proxy (Was: (ITS#3951) send_search_entry() issue when determining whether an attribute is to be returned or not)

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 01:19 AM 8/19/2005, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Possible solution: we could define a "proxy-undefined" attribute type that is not dsaOperation, but noUserMod, and derive from that the undefined attributes resulting from proxying.

The cleanest solution is to import the schema from the remote server.

I don't know if I'd call this a clean solution. Dealing with incomplete schema descriptions, unsupported/unknown matching rules and the like would be quite messy and dirty.

I rather just treat unknown stuff as some pass-through blob
(blob here imply that we would never do any matching against
the values (which may have impact in ACLs and elsewhere)).

That's what I intend as doing some repairs. The issue is that those "repaired" attributes that end up in the "undef" category are marked dsaOperation and as such don't get returned by the same search that would return them on the remote server.

p.