Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd proto-slap.h

Howard Chu writes:
> Ando and I tripped over this before, the solution was to compare the
> be->be_private pointer.
>
> I suppose it's possible that a backend (like back-null?) may have no
> private data, so perhaps be_nsuffix is a better choice.

Back-null has private data.  OTOH, back-passwd's be_private is only set
if it is configured with an alternate passwd file, otherwise it's NULL.

be->be_private need not be constant for the lifetime of a database:
back-ldap/chain.c and overlays/translucent.c modify it.

back-monitor/monitor_back_db_open() reads be->be_private and stores
it back, even though it never changes it.  I don't know why.

--
Hallvard