Re: operational attributes in back-config?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I note that structuralObjectClass gets into permanent storage of back-config; however, other relevant operational attributes don't. Is it intended or what? I'm mainly thinking about createTimestamp, modifytimestamp and so; creatorsName and modifiersName may not be an issue, since only the rootdn can write back-config, and the rootdn is hardcoded to cn=config. Other relevant attributes may be entryUUID, if of any use. Could the timestamps in back-ldif be inherited from the filesystem?
The rootdn is initialized to cn=config, but it can still be explicitly set to anything else.

The lack of these other operational attributes is an oversight. They didn't seem useful at first, but are certainly necessary for things like syncrepl to work.