Re: back-config design considerarions - Admin Guide fodder

--On Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:18 PM +0200 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Michael StrÃder wrote:

If I'm using option -f slapd.conf and -F configdir/ together which config data is authorative? [..] My conclusion: Drop -f slapd.conf completely in 2.3.x and rather develop good setup tools...

Well, same question for file DB_CONFIG and attribute 'olcDbConfig'...

I can't see -f going away until at least *everything* supports the new config backend, which it doesn't.

Besides which point, when I do testing of various setups, I use -f extensively to switch between configuration files on the same host, which is a lot simpler than mucking around with various config backends. Other people may want to keep their slapd.conf files for things like version control, etc, as well.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer