Re: Using third party code - copyright issues?

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

I do not see any copyright issue here. But we should chat
about whether we need this, and why, given the lutil_uuid
routines. Also, I might have some concerns with moving
entryUUID out of the frontend. Such discussion, however,
we likely should move to the developer's list.

Sure. I'm not concerned about moving entryUUID generation/handling out of the frontend; I need a means to create repeatable and "reasonably unique" entryUUID values from other unique data, something like the uuid_create_from_name() in <http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-leach-uuids-guids-01.txt>. I want to put it in the module where I plan to use it because I'm not sure it would be of general usefulness, but if it does, liblutil will likely be the most appropriate place.

p.