Re: ACLS for remote groups

Raissa Dantas Freire de Medeiros wrote:
Hi, all!

We are thinking about to change OpenLDAP source code to support remote groups as <who> clauses. A "remote group" is a group of other partition.

We have done some tests and we have noticed if you put a remote group as a <who> clause, slapd ignores it.

Have anybody already had this necessity or does anybody has anything in this sense?
It seems to me that you mean 'A "remote group" is a group the resides on a different server.'

slapd will only lookup groups that reside in a locally configured database. But you can configure back-ldap on the local server to get access to remote servers, so I think the feature you want is already available.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc