ppolicy and Access Control to operational Attributes

Hi,

I had a look at the ppolicy-overlay (version from HEAD) and I am
wondering now how access controls have to be setup in order to make it
work.
In order to allow a user to change his own password it seems that I need
to give him "write" access to some of the operational Attributes that
hold the Password Policy State (e.g. pwdChangedTime, pwdHistory and
maybe some others). Otherwise I get "Insufficient access (50)" when the
user tries to modify his "userPassword". But if I give him "write"
access the user can just circumvent password policies be directly
modifying e.g. "pwdChangedTime" without changing the password.

Did I overlook something? Shouldn't these operational Attributes be
flagged with "NO-USER-MODIFCATION" in the Schema? That seems at least
to fix the above issue.

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg