Re: SSS/VLV implementation

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:01:49AM -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> You might want to read this thread from last week:
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200411/msg00102.html
>
> You really should be adding this feature via an overlay and not touching
> the back-bdb code at all.
>
> As for the reader locks, there is a BDB locker ID associated with each
> thread. There is also a lock structure associated with each operation.
> Very likely you're seeing "lock is no longer valid" because the lock
> structure has been overwritten by an access to a subsequent entry. This
> is a bit tricky and unfortunately not handled very cleanly right now.
> Ideally, the details of back-bdb's internal locks should be invisible to
> the rest of the server but that's not how things work presently. You
> should take a look at how backend.c: backend_group() handles the
> op->o_private structure for an idea.
>
> The normal -devel advice also applies - make sure you're working with
> CVS HEAD when writing new features. You should also look at
> overlays/syncprov.c or overlays/ppolicy.c (in CVS HEAD) for examples of
> how to implement new controls as part of an overlay.

Ok, I'll try reimplementing it using an overlay, based on CVS HEAD
instead of Debian latest source package... I haven't writtent a lot (I
have mostly spent time trying to understand Outlook and OpenLDAP's code
architecture) so it shouldn't be too long.

Thanks.
--
Bertrand Croq - FreesKop - Avenue Robert Schuman - 35170 BRUZ
http://www.freeskop.com/ - Tel: 02 99 05 04 56 - Fax: 02 99 05 96 40