Re: Test operations

Howard Chu wrote:
Right. As to that, someone must have a spec for what Netscape and/or Sun actually implemented.

I will try to see if we can get detailed information on the Sun/Netscape implementations.

That would be a good starting point, but we already know that OpenLDAP's ACL mechanism has more access control factors than can be expressed in the LDAPext drafts, so unless we extend the spec we can't offer accurate info to a client. And if we do extend it, then we can't guarantee interoperability any more. So we're left with the choice of being compatible but giving out wrong information, or being accurate but not being compatible. Personally I would choose not to sacrifice accuracy/correctness.

I absolutely agree.

Cheers, Morteza