>1024 connections in slapd / select->poll

Hi!

In http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=1126 you mention a workaround for
the problem that slapd does not allow more than about 1000 concurrent client
connections. Recompiling glibc is not an option for me, so I rewrote the main
loop in daemon.c to use poll instead of select. Thus slapd can ignore the
FD_SETSIZE #define and rely on sysconf( _SC_OPEN_MAX ); for the maximum number
of file descriptors.

Is this of any interest for you? And, is it appropriate to send patches to this mailing list? It's about 11kbytes.

Volker