Re: New Phonetic Design

At 03:02 AM 9/22/2004, Alexandre PAUZIES wrote:
>The "lang" option in the config  file should be the default lang and not
>the only one because for attributes with language codes we should select
>the corresponding  phonetic rules  if there is  one, or the  default one
>(config file defined).

I don't think it appropriate for a matching rule's behavior
to depend on the attribute description associated with the
value (assuming there is an attribute description associated
with the value), especially in situation where one description
could be a subtype of another description.  I think that would
be pushing the X.500 directory information model beyond its
established bounds.

Kurt