Best way to add a new phonetic algorithm

Hi,

we're planning to add a new algorithm to use french phonetic on approx match.

I'm looking for your advise on the way to do this : maybe we could add a new
option to slapd config file (ie: lang fr) to set the default algorithm.

If no langage code is set for the attribute value, the default phonetic
function specified in the config file parameter will be used.

Otherwise the language algorithm used to match the value will be :
- either the corresponding phonetic function depending on the language
- or the default phonetic function if no associated phonetic function exists.

What to you think of this ?

--
Alexandre Pauzies <alexandre.pauzies@linagora.com>