Re: overlay question

>> You may be interested in the patch in ITS#3080 if you want your overlay
>> to have global effect.
>
> Hmm, global effect could be interesting,

The patch has been recently committed to HEAD; you may want to start
working with HEAD code and experiment with global overlays (should work
exactly as database overlays except in selected cases for selected data in
the op->o_request structure for write operations.

> but a way of handling things
> that are connected with the base object ""(like anonymous bind, root
> DSE) would be more interesting.

Well, you can (actually I think you MUST) discriminate about the target
inside your calls anyway.  The use of a global overlay ensures you have
access to ALL requests, and thus gives you access control functionalities
a global scope.  Then, of course, it's up to you to use selective access
rules based on the naming context or other properties of the target.  In
principle, I guess you could also think of stacking global and local
overlays to distinguish between global and database specific access rules.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it