Re: distributed LDAP Re: performance

The 2.3 item reflects work underway (by a number of different
folks) to add additional support for distributed directories.
In particular, it refers to adding a more robust directory
operation chaining mechanism, but also to addition of a
directory authentication chaining mechanism.  As the IETF has
yet to formalize mechanisms for either, much of the present
effort is focused on designing necessary LDAP elements.

The main driving factor for this work is to provide a more
robust mechanism(s) for achieving distributed directories than
presently available mechanisms, such as client-side referral
chasing.

Kurt