back-relay and rewrite/remap

Back-relay (no significanty changes, if any at all), and mainly the rwm
overlay are now almost working.  Pending issues are:

  - modrdn not done yet
  - lots of optimizations to be set in place (e.g. in rwm_send_entry()...)
  - review of memory allocation to see if it complies with slap_sl_* stuff
  - hasSubordinates is disabled with back-{bh}db because it is computed
    AFTER the entry is rewritten, so the private data is lost (I have
    an idea about how to hack it, though)
  - bugs, bugs, bugs...

I'm about to start writing a test (test030? disabled by default).
I suggest people interested in working with virtual data to start playing
with it.  Suggested usages:
1) add one or more virtual databases in the same slapd.conf, and use
back-relay to map the real one onto some virtual views;
2) try using back-ldap without the native rewrite/remap capabilities,
adding the rwm overlay and using the rewrite/remap directives prefixed
with "rwm-".  I've also prepared a version of back-ldap with ALL the
rewrite/remap stuff removed: it's REALLY light for those who only need to
proxy a DSA, and the rwm layer can really restore the existing
capabilities...
3) ... local/remote database interoperability, with more than one
back-ldap or back-relay glued together, in a blend?

Cheers, Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it