assertedValue in match functions

I've recently had problems with uniqueMemberMatch being passed a null
assertedValue (i.e. bv_val = NULL and bv_len undefined) which was causing
the server to core dump.  I'm not sure if it's my fault or not, because I
was mucking with slap_sasl_* code and I might have poked something bad in,
but my question is: is it correct that *Match() functions do not check for
NULL assertedValues on input?  Should this be impossible or what?  In that
particular function there was a test ( asserted.bv_len > 0 ), which I
turned into ( !BER_BVISNULL( asserted ) ) to solve my problem, but I note
that otehr *Match() functions do not check args.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it