Re: Overlays configuration (Was: commit: ldap/ configure)

At 12:50 AM 4/17/2004, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>I was wondering if a --enable-overlays switch could be of interest.

I rather see --enable-overlays=auto --enable-overlays=automod
and likewise for backends.  The platform may not have all the
necessary features to support all backends and overlays. For
instance, I cannot build back-sql and back-perl on all
platforms I commonly development on

I think it better if the flag didn't mandate building of the
overlay/backend, but instead just indicated that it was
desirable.  Of course, that implies each individual
backend/overlay supported auto[mod] configuration.

Kurt