Re: Check for updatedn (Was: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/overlays rwm.c)

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

I think we likely should have:

       SLAP_SHADOW(bd) - is a shadow database
       SLAP_SYNC_SHADOW(bd) - is a syncrepl shadow database
       SLAP_SLURP_SHADOW(bd) - is a slurped shadow database

and:
       be_slurp_update(op)
               TRUE if SLAP_SLURP_SHADOW and is update DN
       be_sync_update(op)
               TRUE if SLAP_SYNC_SHADOW and is internal sync operation.

and (if useful):
       be_shadow_update(op)
               TRUE if be_slurp_update() or be_sync_update()

I[ve just committed a first round of fixes in this direction. All tests work as expected (significantly those related to replication, of course). I also noticed some possibly inconsistent testing for replication/shadowing, but I'm not sure, so I'll try to indicate the places and what are my suggested fixes, but I don't want to commit anything I'm unsure about.

Ando.