RE: checking for bound user

That's fine.

> So I think I really need to be able to check for the
> c_authz_backend by name, rather than comparing the pointer to
> my current, because I want to have a single overlay that does
> bind logic, with other overlays that support their peculiar
> features just checking to see if their master bind overlay
> performed the bind of the requesting user or not.

If all of your overlays are stacked on a single backend, then the code
snippet below is sufficient. (Remember that on->on_info points to the overlay
info for the entire backend, not just a particular overlay instance.) If
you're saying you want a single Bind overlay that is pushed onto several
different backends, then you may need to walk through the list as I
illustrated the first time around and compare the overlay names.

> The whole overlay technology is extremely cool, and being
> able to specify multiple overlays on a given backend provides
> a lot of flexibility.

Yes... By the way, have you looked at overlays/slapover.txt in CVS HEAD, and
did it tell you anything useful?