From: Howard Chu [mailto:hyc@highlandsun.com]
Sent: giovedì 1 aprile 2004 13.02
To: Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich
Cc: openldap-devel@openldap.org
Subject: RE: Proxycache Documentation

Not carefully enough. You should break your example down step by step, then
the answer is quite obvious.

> proxyAttrset 0 mail sn givenName telephoneNumber proxyTemplate (sn=) 0
> 3600
>
> Therefore the search (sn=Voglma*) mail sn givenName telephoneNumber
>
> Results: cacheable.
>
> The search (sn=Voglm*) mail therefore should be answerable from the
> cache. Is this correct or do I misunderstand the documentation ?

Quoting Kumar's post:

>>A query Q, with requested attribute set S and filter F is answered by
>>a cached query Q' with attribute set S' and filter F' if:

>>(i) "proxyAttrset  S" appears in the proxy overlay definition.
>>(ii) S is either same or a subset of S'.

The situation is this:

You have a cached query Q': (sn=Voglma*)
with the attrset S': mail sn givenName telephoneNumber

And then you follow with a query Q: (sn=Voglma*)
with attrs S: mail

By rule (i) above, 'mail' must be defined in a proxyAttrset directive of its
own. If it is not defined, then the query will not be matched in the cache.