builtin EXTERNAL (Was: back-config again)

At 09:52 AM 3/29/2004, Donn Cave wrote:
>On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 08:35 AM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>>At 11:21 PM 3/28/2004, Michael Ströder wrote:
>>>And what would happen if one would like to build --without-cyrus-sasl?
>>
>>Builtin EXTERNAL (coming soon I hope) or slapadd(8).
>
>Builtin EXTERNAL?  Is that an oxymoron or what?

what.

"Builtin" implies the implementation of the mechanism is internal
to server (or client).

"EXTERNAL" implies that the authentication identity is external
to the mechanism.  Generally, that identity is produced by some
other subsystem of the server (such as TLS or, in this case,
the IPC interface).