Further development of chain overlay?

Howard,

I have considered the possibility to make the chain overlay
also follow referrals as they are returned by a database.
This can be also useful for "dumb" clients that cannot chase
referrals by themselves; moreover, I'm about to allow chasing
of referrals with URI different from the underlying back-ldap
database, as well as multiple referral.

I have a problem about how proxyAuthz control is propagated:
apparently binds are propagated anonymously; then operations
also occur anonymously, but if the original operation was
authenticated, the referred server correctly refuses to allow
non-authd proxyAuthz.  Clues?

Ando.

-- Dr. Pierangelo Masarati mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it LDAP Architect, SysNet s.n.c. http://www.sys-net.it