RE: Overlay Documentation

but you can work it around in most cases, because you can add acl checks
at any time both from frontend to backend and vice versa.

>> Note
>> however that by
>> using back-relay in its current implementation, one should be able to
>> interact with the request BEFORE real database selection, at
>> the price of
>> unnecessary DN rewriting because one needs to mask the real
>> naming context
>> used in the real databases.  Maybe we could simply add a
>> stack of overlays
>> BEFORE the database is selected?
>
> One could create a relay instance with suffix "" and push everything
> under it, yes? Just an idea...

This is going to work only if you accept to use fake naming contexts and
rewrite them to the real ones; we could also use the overlay API to
process things before invoking the real database calls; sort of having a
global slap_overinst which, if not null, contains a stack of overlays, and
each operation needs be processed by it before getting to backend
selection.

Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati