Re: OpenLDAP and Cyrus, version question

slapd(8) checks the full version number because of the
nature of changes made between SASL_VERSION_STEPs.
Note that slapd(8) even includes code which is conditional
on SASL_VERSION_STEP.  So, I think, the check is
appropriate.

I note that I put this check in after getting lots of
reports of problems where user said "I'm linking in
the most recent version of Cyrus SASL" when, in fact,
they were linking some old version of Cyrus SASL that
also happened to be on the system.

Maybe once Cyrus SASL API/ABI settles down a bit (e.g.,
we might switch to "any later step okay" check, but for now,
I think it's best to require the same step.

        Kurt