Re: Questions...

--On Tuesday, January 27, 2004 2:35 PM -0500 Jong <jongchoi@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

The difference between ldbm and bdb became significant when indexing came
into the picture.
So this may be a sign that we should improve the bdb indexing system
further.

My data loads always find indexing to be the biggest bottleneck with BDB. Our systems that index multiple things went up two hours in indexing time between 2.1 & 2.2 with BDB (from 7 hours to 9 hours). I was able to drop this to 2 hours (7 hours less!) by use the new shared memory key. On our master (which indexes only 3 or 4 things), the load time takes approximately 25 minutes, on both 2.1 and 2.2.

I have it down to do a bunch of dataloading, so I can provide more concrete results in the next week or so.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer