RE: Questions...

--On Monday, January 26, 2004 7:03 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:

Oddly enough, the database volume here is identical to in 2.1, but the
performance is slightly off.

496.800u 108.830s 12:01.11 83.9% 0+0k 0+0io 24610pf+0w

I just want to note that we have 9 replica servers that are configured identically, have matching hardware, and are all on the same OS revision.

On those servers, the load time for exact same database tends to vary about 10 minutes between them. We have one server that always takes 2 hours longer than the rest (and I still have no idea why, I suspect it must have some type of hardware issue, but it isn't reporting anything, and runs fine operationally). I generally find statistics about load time via slapadd that vary by less than 10 minutes hard to put a lot of weight on. I generally agree, however, that load times with 2.2 (BDB or HDB) do seem to take longer than 2.1 BDB loads did.

And, I'm curious about that new BDB option. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer