Re: A question on syncrepl

It is only today I found this note different from the previous one
because of the same title. :)

> Dear OpenLDAP developers,
>
> For bdb_modify and bdb_modrdn, there are two occassions to invoke bdb_psearch, one with
LDAP_PSEARCH_BY_PREMODIFY, the other with LDAP_PSEARCH_BY_MODIFY. For other operations
such
> as add, delete, there is only one occasion. Could you give a hint why it is like this?

For add and delete, the presence of the target entry in the content can be assumed.
On the other hand, for modify and modrdn, it is needed to examine whether or not the
target entry belonged to the content before the operation as well as after.